I love tacos. To the point I could eat them everyday, every meal, all day long. Sometimes you need to change it up though and in the summer I’ll pair esquites as a side since corn is in season. A quick dish that doesn’t heat up the kitchen in the horrible hot as balls days like we’re having today. Music festivals are also in season and paired with the recipe for your listening-while-you-cook pleasure is a playlist of tunes from bands currently on the big fest circuit…a la Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, and Outside Lands. A festival experience without the porta potty, dirt, long lines or sweaty walks to another stage. Enjoy!
1-2 tablespoons butter
4 ears of corn, husk/silks removed and cut off the cob
1 garlic clove, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and stemmed, finely chopped
2 tablespoons mayonaise
4 green onions, finely sliced
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
salt and pepper
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the corn to the pan and saute for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and jalapeno to the pan and saute for another minute or two
- Turn off the heat and add in the mayonnaise, green onions, cilantro, and lime zest and juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stir to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Lightly sprinkle with chili powder