Before summer gets all ramped up, let’s just pause for a moment. Slow down time. Yes, it is possible. You’ll want to get an early start on this recipe as it requires a little patience in order to be ready for summer sipping. I enjoy it on its own or by adding a little lemon sparkling water to make it more of a cocktail. Either way, enjoy your time with it. I mean, binge drinking is sooo 1991. Grab your drink, get out on that deck, stoop or just crack a window and let time stand still with a playlist of easy going jams that slow down time.
Zest of 10 lemons
2 cups sugar
3 cups water
- Place zest and vodka in a large, well sealable container and let sit for two weeks. Stir every few days.
- At the two week mark, combine sugar and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes then turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the sugar solution to the vodka and lemon peels and let it sit overnight.
- Strain the limoncello through a cheesecloth and place in well sealable bottles.
- Store in freezer.